We really don't like them, and as our social channels get more and more busy, we want to make sure you can spot a scam.
We've noticed a lot of them popping up as comments on our official Instagram posts recently.
Some claim to help you make a lot of money in crypto trade, some claim that you can get financial assistance by sending a direct message to the commenter.
Don't do it.
When you see on one of these comments that ask you to direct message an account you don't know, you should not engage with the comment.
Some other helpful tips to protect your information include:
- Unless you specifically entered a promotion or second-chance drawing sponsored by the Ohio Lottery Commission, you will never be contacted by us informing you that you have won a prize.
- Never accept a collect call from anyone claiming to be an Ohio Lottery official
- Keep your credit card and bank account numbers to yourself.
- Be sure you are on the Ohio Lottery’s official social channels when talking about the lottery online. Look for the blue check mark before interacting on social media. You can also find our official social media pages here:
- Our official Facebook handle is @OhioLottery
- Our official Instagram handle is @OHLottery
- Our official Twitter handle is @OHLottery
If you ever have a question about an email or call you receive claiming that you have won a large prize, contact our customer service line at 1-800-686-4208. You can find additional Security Awareness
tips on our website.