We love doing fun promotions on our social channels, but we don't love the scammers who jump in and try to trick our players.
We received several messages from customers who received a message on Facebook from an account named OhioLottery Winner. The message claimed that the customer's Facebook profile had been drawn and they won a prize.
eat, but that is not an Ohio Lottery account.
When you receive suspicious messages like this, always protect your personal information and do not share anything.
Even if you think it might be legitimate, you can call the Ohio Lottery’s customer service line to check it out.
Only interact with the Ohio Lottery's verified social channels.
Here are some helpful tips to protect your information:
- Unless you specifically entered a promotion or second-chance drawing sponsored by the Ohio Lottery Commission, you will never be contacted by us informing you that you have won a prize.
- Never accept a collect call from anyone claiming to be an Ohio Lottery official
- Keep your credit card and bank account numbers to yourself.
- Be sure you are on the Ohio Lottery’s official social channels when talking about the lottery online. Look for the blue check mark before interacting on social media. You can also find our official social media pages here:
- Our official Facebook handle is @OhioLottery
- Our official Instagram handle is @OHLottery
- Our official Twitter handle is @OHLottery
If you ever have a question about an email or call you receive claiming that you have won a large prize, contact our customer service line at 1-800-686-4208. You can find additional Security Awareness
tips on our website.