It may be a new year, but the same scams are
continuing to pop-up on social media.
Don't fall victim to messages on social media claiming to be from the Ohio Lottery.
The scam may be a comment asking you to message an unknown account or to click a suspicious link. It could also be a message from an account pretending to be the Ohio Lottery claiming you won a prize.
Here are some common scams we see on our social media pages:
Some other helpful tips to protect your information include:
- Unless you specifically entered a promotion or second-chance drawing sponsored by the Ohio Lottery Commission, you will never be contacted by us informing you that you have won a prize.
- Never accept a collect call from anyone claiming to be an Ohio Lottery official.
- Keep your credit card and bank account numbers to yourself.
- Be sure you are on the Ohio Lottery’s official social channels when talking about the lottery online. Look for the blue check mark before interacting on social media.
- You can also find our official social media pages here:
- Our official Facebook handle is @OhioLottery
- Our official Instagram handle is @OHLottery
- Our official Twitter handle is @OHLottery
If you ever have a question about a message you receive claiming that you have won a large prize, contact our customer service line at 1-800-686-4208. You can find additional Security Awareness
tips on our website.