How to use Mobile ePlaySlip
If Draw Games is selected (Figure #3):
- On your Mobile device, open the Ohio Lottery App (you do not need to be signed in to use the ePlayslip or save an ePlayslip)
- Tap “ePlayslip” (Figure #1)
- Select either Draw Games or EZPLAY Games (Figure #2)
- Tap the game you want to play
- Follow on screen prompts for the selected game
- When complete, tap “Done”
- Once at retail, tap “Show Barcode.” The Barcode can be scanned by clerk or at Self-Serve Kiosks
- To play the same game with the same options/numbers selected in the future after tapping “Done”, tap the “Save” button.
- Enter a name for the ePlayslip and tap "Save"
- To retrieve saved Mobile ePlayslips tap “Saved ePlayslips” from the home screen
If EZPLAY Game is selected (Figure #4):
- Tap the EZPLAY game you want to play
- The code is automatically generated.
- The barcode can be scanned by clerk or at the Self-Serve Kiosks
Customers can securely and conveniently deposit their winnings between $50 and $25,000 directly into their bank account from their mobile device.
How can customers begin to cash their winnings using their mobile device?
Mobile Cashing has been built into the current Ohio Lottery Application! Customers can download it in the Apple Play store or Google Store. If they already have the Ohio Lottery mobile app, make sure they set their device to auto-update so they have the most current version of the app. Customers will then scan an eligible ticket and select CASH OUT to start the mobile cashing process.
If a customer already has a MyLotto Rewards® account, do they need to create a separate account for Mobile Cashing?
No, they can use their current MyLotto Rewards® Account. Once they have logged in using their MyLotto Rewards username and password, they will be asked to provide a few additional pieces of information and may need to verify their current information to receive payment.
If a customer already received a Pay to Bearer and/or a File Claim ticket for their winning ticket, can they still cash their ticket with Mobile Cashing?
Yes. They can cash tickets with or without a Pay to Bearer and/or a File Claim ticket with Mobile Cashing.
Will the winning tickets that a customer claims roll up at the end of the year and a W2G be produced or is each winning ticket that a customer claims treated separately?
The IRS regulations remain the same regardless of the way a ticket is claimed. Tax rules apply to individual tickets.
- Prizes $599 and under are not reported to the IRS.
- IRS taxes are withheld for prizes $5,000.01 and greater. Taxes $600 to $5,000 are not withheld for IRS but are reported.
- State taxes are withheld for prizes $600 and greater.
What does a customer need to create a Mobile Cashing account?
They will need to provide their mobile phone number, their legal name, Social Security Number, bank account, and valid address. They will receive a verification code via text message upon completion of those fields. Entering this code, allows us to authenticate their information and provide this service to them.
What types of deposit account can customers use to receive their winnings?
Customers can add a bank account. They cannot receive their winnings using any type of gift card.
What happens if a customer receives an error message when they try to enter in their legal information (Legal first name, last name and SSN)
The customer needs to make sure they are entering their exact information as it appears on their Social Security card. For example, if their name is “Michael,” they need to enter “Michael” and not “Mike.”
How long does it take to set up a Mobile Cashing account? Can customers start to use it immediately?
It only takes a few minutes to set up and use a mobile cashing account, but their winnings will not be deposited until their bank account is confirmed. It normally takes about 7-10 days for a bank account to be confirmed.
How long does it take for the customer to receive their winnings in their bank account?
Please allow 1-3 business days for a bank account. Please remember, the first transfer will take up to 7-10 days as the bank account information is verified.
What will the transaction look like in the customer’s bank account?
The transaction will not come from the Ohio Lottery. The transaction will come from Marcus Thomas. Example: “ACH, MARCUSTHOM MARCUSTHOM”
If a customer didn’t receive the full amount that they won, where did their money go?
In accordance with ORC 3770.071, 3770.073 Lottery prizes may be reduced by monies owed to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services or the Attorney General’s Office, if applicable. If their completed deposit shows an Intercept Amount, their prize was deducted for either child support, spousal support or state debt owed via the Ohio Lottery’s Prize Intercept Program. IRS taxes are withheld for prizes $5,000.01 and greater. State taxes are withheld for prizes $600 and greater. Please tell the customer to review their email for a full explanation. If they have questions, please direct them to contact the Ohio Lottery Claims Department at 1-800-686-4208.
If the customer believes that there were funds withheld in error, please contact these agencies directly at ODJFS at 1-800-686-1556 or the Attorney General’s Office at 1-888-246-0688.
Can customers cash more than one ticket at the same time?
No, they can only cash one ticket at a time.
Do customers need to keep their tickets after they cash them?
Customers need to keep their ticket until they have confirmed that the funds have been added to their bank account. Once confirmed, they no longer need to keep them.
Who do I direct a customer to contact if they are having problems with Mobile Cashing payouts?
Direct the customer to call the Ohio Lottery Claims Department at 1-800-686-4208.
Check Your Tickets
Check to see if you ticket is a winner or enter it into MyLotto Rewards for additional opportunities to win or use your points to purchase Lottery Cash or Coupons, gift cards and other items.
- Open your Ohio Lottery app & sign in.
- Tap the Scan button from any screen and your phone’s camera will scan the ticket and let you know if you can redeem your ticket for points in MyLotto or cash your winning ticket! Once a ticket is scanned, you will see one these messages:
- This is a non-winning ticket and is eligible for entry into MyLotto Rewards.
- Congratulations! You just won $.
- If the ticket is a winner, you may choose to Cash Out your winnings and have them deposited directly into your bank account. Follow the instructions on the app to cash out your ticket. The instructions on the Mobile Cashing tab above also provides help.
- If the ticket is not a non-winning ticket, you may choose “Submit Ticket” to enter it into MyLotto Rewards.
If you are not logged into the app, you can still scan your ticket to see if it is a winner or not. Once a ticket is scanned, it will remind you to log-in to enter your non-winning ticket into MyLotto Rewards or offer you the option Cash Out your winnings and Share your experience.
Hint: You may need to go into your mobile phones settings to give the Ohio Lottery app access to your camera.
Have It Your Way
You can customize the draw games banner, as well as your Quick Links to give you exactly what you need at your fingertip!
- Click the gear icon at the top right of your home screen.
- Select App Preferences to customize your Home page.
- Select Winning Numbers to add or remove games by toggling the on/off button. If the button is green the game will appear.
- To change the order that the games and To change the order that the games and winning numbers appear on your homepage, use the carrots (up and down) arrows next to the game names to move them to where you want them.
- Select Quick Links to customize the four home page quick links under the winning numbers and jackpots. Just tap on the four items that you would like displayed.
Log-In With Touch ID
In the latest version of the Ohio Lottery app, users can utilize their mobile device’s Touch ID functionality to log in and allow quick access moving forward. Upon entering the MyLotto Rewards login screen, tap the Enable Touch ID button below the password field, and enter your login credentials. As long as Touch ID is set up on your phone, you will no longer require manual credential entry within the app.
Access all your MyLotto Rewards features from your mobile device!
Enter Second Chance Drawings
Enter drawings for gift cards, tech items, sports tickets and more.
Scan Tickets With Your Camera
Entering tickets in MyLotto Rewards is easy – just tap the Scan button from any screen and your phone’s camera will snap a picture and enter the ticket.
Lottery Cash & Coupons
Turn your points into digital cash and coupons you can use to purchase games in stores.
The Cash Explosion Show
Enter your tickets for a chance to play and win cash on the longest-running Lottery game show!
Do you want to view a drawing, learn how to claim prizes, watch Cash Explosion or catch up on the latest Lottery news?
- Click the Videos link at the top right of the home screen
- Select what you want to watch from the categories listed
- You will be directed to the Lottery YouTube channel and the video will automatically begin.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of device do I need to access the app?
The Ohio Lottery mobile app is available on all iOS devices running version 13 or higher, and all Android smartphone devices running version 10 or higher.
Why isn’t some data showing up in my app?
Most features within the mobile application will require a wireless connection to work properly and provide you with current information.
How do I customize the home screen of the Ohio Lottery app?
Click the gear icon at the top right of your home screen, and select App Preferences to customize your winning numbers and quick links. See the App Customization tab above for more details.
Am I required to grant permission for the Ohio Lottery app to access my camera?
Yes. In order to scan tickets or proceed with any level of ticket entry into MyLotto Rewards, you will need to select Allow when the app prompts you for camera access.
Where can I purchase tickets?
Click on the locations icon at the bottom right of the app’s navigational bar, and enter your ZIP Code to view official Ohio Lottery retail locations. Upon initial login, you will be asked for permission to share your mobile device’s location while you use the app. If you allow location access, the map will automatically show retail locations near you.
How does the new Videos section work?
Users now have direct access to the Ohio Lottery’s YouTube videos. Tap the Videos section located on the top right of the home screen, and navigate through your favorite video categories. Users will be directed to the Ohio Lottery YouTube channel to watch videos.
How do I stay up to date with the latest news from Ohio Lottery?
On the home screen, select the gear icon to access your Settings. Select Contact Ohio Lottery and choose from your favorite social platforms to follow the Ohio Lottery. Tap the email icon on the bottom left of the page, and you can sign up to receive email updates and text alerts with the latest information.