EXLG 06-01 A.1
Revised October 2007
It is the Ohio Lottery’s (hereinafter “Lottery”) policy to provide convenient, prompt and open access to all public records maintained by the Lottery in accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 149.43 (Public Records Act) and the Ohio Attorney General’s Model Public Records Policy. The Lottery is dedicated to responding to all public records requests in a timely and efficient manner, and this policy applies to all of the Lottery’s public records regardless of who created the records, how they are distributed, or how they are maintained, unless otherwise exempt. All exemptions to openness are to be construed in their narrowest sense and any denial of public records in response to a valid request must be accompanied by an explanation, including legal authority, as outlined in the Ohio Revised Code. If the request is in writing, the explanation must also be in writing.
1. Public Record – Unless otherwise exempt, a public record is any “record” kept by a public office, which:
2. E-mail as a Public Record – Documents in electronic format are records as defined by the Public Records Act when their content relates to the business of the office, or are used to conduct public business. E-mail is to be treated in the same fashion as records in other formats and should follow the same retention schedule.
1. Maintenance of Records
2. Request for Public Records
3. Response to Requests
4. Denial of Public Records Request – Any denial of a public records request must include an explanation and supporting legal authority. If a record is partially exempt, the exempt portions are to be redacted and the remainder released. Each redaction must be accompanied by an explanation and supporting legal authority.
5. Review of Request – A review of all public records requests is necessary to prevent the disclosure of personal information, confidential information, and other exempt information which may include, but is not limited to:
EFFECTIVE October 15, 2007
Next Est. Jackpot : $128 Million
Cash Option Value: $82.5 Million
Next Jackpot : $348 Million
Cash Option Value: $226.1 Million
TOP PRIZE : $1,000 A DAY FOR LIFE
Cash Option Value: $5.8 Million
Next Jackpot : $6.3 Million
Cash Option Value: $3.2 Million
Next Jackpot : $100,000